Figuring out what you want to do with the rest of your life can be difficult. Especially, if you consider that you will work for more than 40 years and it's important to find a job you like, a job that pays well, and a job that will not be obsolete in ten years. So, to guide you toward a bright future we have laid out which 5 jobs are growing the fastest and which are declining rapidly.
Fastest Growing Jobs:
1. Personal Care Aides 70.5%
2. Home Health Aides 69.4%
3. Biomedical Engineers 61.7%
4. Helpers (Brickmason, Blockmason, Stonemason etc.) 60.1%
5. Helpers (Carpenter) 55.7%
Fastest Declining Jobs
1. Shoe Machine Operator and Tender -53.4%
2. Postal Service Mail Sorter, Processor -48.5%
3. Postal Service Clerks -48.2%
4. Fabric and Apparel Pattern Maker -35.6%
5. Postmasters and Mail Superintendent -27.8%
Judging from the statistics it would be wise to start a career in health care, as many of the jobs associated with health care are still growing and will not be obsolete at any time in the near future. However, if you were thinking of working for the postal service or in fashion it's wise to think again because those jobs are rapidly declining.